Capital Water offers a full range of services for L8 compliance from the initial Risk Assessments, to remedial works, tank cleaning and sanitisation.
Water Hygiene Service work can be tailored for weekly, monthly, quarterly, annual checks and water sampling.
HSE ACoP L8, “Legionnaires’ disease, the control of legionella bacteria in water systems” requires that a written scheme for controlling the risk from legionella is prepared. The written scheme should be implemented and properly managed so that all water systems are routinely checked for temperature, water demand and inspected for cleanliness and use.
Water Hygiene Maintenance, Inspection and Monitoring to HSE requirements
HSE ACOP L8 and associated guidance HSG 274 Part 2: The control of legionella bacteria in hot and cold water systems require that the following are completed:
- Check the performance of the system and its component parts
- Inspect the accessible parts of the system for damage and signs of contamination
- Monitor the treatment / temperature regime to ensure that it continues to control to the required standard
- Audit the existing site records
A Water Hygiene Service Designed for Peace of Mind
Capital Water Treatment have extensive knowledge of legionella monitoring and inspection works with the latest in handheld technology and web-based reporting. We can offer:
- National coverage
- Pre-planned visit management
- Packages from complete L8/HSG 274 compliance monitoring to bespoke packages for clients where monitoring items cannot be completed internally
- Monitoring packages can include water sampling and analysis (chemical and microbiological including legionella) utilising a network of UKAS accredited laboratories
- Direct employed, trained, competent and experienced personnel